Are you struggling with imposter syndrome and letting it hold back you and your business? If it’s any reassurance — you’re not alone. Despite living in an age where we’re constantly evolving, we still haven’t managed to figure this one out. If anything, the age of social media only makes it harder to overcome.
Just ask TikTok coach and entrepreneur, Wave Wyld, who sometimes struggles with imposter syndrome despite running a 6-figure online business. But Wave has discovered some incredibly powerful methods to quieten the imposter voice when it gets too loud, and she’s here to share them with you.
Wave Wyld is a TikTok coach who helps creators and entrepreneurs grow their businesses through TikTok, boosting engagement and driving sales. Despite being the TikTok trend queen, founding the growing TikTok trend alert movement, and helping hundreds of entrepreneurs find success on TikTok, she still sometimes feels like a fraud. So what is imposter syndrome and how can we beat it?
Imposter syndrome originates from the 1970s, found in high-achieving women who felt like frauds. Imposter syndrome is characterized by the persistent feeling of doubting our abilities, thinking we don’t deserve our success, or feeling like a fraud. Its prevalence tends to be a lot higher in women — after centuries of being silenced, it can be easy to forget you have a voice, one that is valid and deserves to be heard.
Social media transforms imposter syndrome into a whole new beast. By showing our lives and businesses on social media, we present an image to our followers that may not tell the whole story. This can make us feel like an imposter in our own lives. Additionally, as a business owner on social media, you want to position yourself as an expert in your niche. While you’re fully capable and qualified, whispers of doubts can easily creep in, telling you the opposite.
So how do you overcome imposter syndrome and stop it from holding you, and your business, back? Wave has found effective ways to quieten the imposter’s voice and remind her that she’s enough.
Here are 6 ways to be overcome imposter syndrome:
- Affirmations: Use daily affirmations to remind yourself of the person you are, your values, and the hard work you’ve put in to deserve your success.
- Meditation: Quieten your mind to help quieten the imposter’s voice in your head.
- Authenticity: Present your true and honest self to your audience so that you never feel like you’re misrepresenting yourself.
- Celebrating the small victories: Give yourself credit where it’s due to show yourself that you deserve your success.
- Acknowledging your journey: Remember how far you’ve come and the hard work you’ve put in to get where you are.
- Leaning on your support system: Let your friends, family, and community remind you of who you are and your successes when you’re feeling low.
Wave has used these techniques to help her clients gain confidence and manage imposter syndrome, amplifying women’s voices on TikTok. Elena (@hikinghacks), one of Wave’s clients, says, “When I first started with Wave, I had no idea how to pitch myself as a content creator to big brands. Wave guided me through the whole process, and I was able to close some deals with brands I could only dream of before. She also helped me gain the confidence to share my story and inspire others, as well as be in front of the camera despite my strong accent.”
Wave continues to help women overcome imposter syndrome and amplify their voices on TikTok. If you’re looking for support to grow your business using TikTok, book a call with Wave Wyld, and together, you can take your business to new heights.