Warren Buffet says that if you are in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about 99%. It’s a sad sight to see, isn’t it? When you see some people driving in luxurious cars, hosting mega parties, opening business after business, their bank accounts are always booming. While on the other side, one section struggles to get even one meal of the day, let alone other necessities.
But the silver lining is, as, in the words of Warren Buffet, we do have some of the luckiest 1% who are giving back to the community, and Michael Ferrera is one of them.
His own story is an inspiring and uplifting one. Born and raised in Los Angeles, Michael started entrepreneurship endeavors at 12 years of age, followed by a management job at a music company owned by his father. Later, he joined the University of California Riverside to study business economics but decided to continue managing the music company.
While Michael was still in college, he opened and successfully managed a clothing company which he ran along with the disc jockey business for years to come before he decided to sell the DJ company. After selling it, Michael officially made his inroads into the fashion industry, and the rest is history.
Since then, apart from business engagements, Michael has also busied himself in philanthropic pursuits. He is an eloquent voice for minority rights in the USA and helps those in dire need of help.
Michael is a board member at Los Angeles Urban League, an organization striving to enable African Americans and other minorities to secure economic, self-reliance, parity power, and civil rights through different programs. Michael presided over the Young Professionals Division of the organization between 2014 to 2016 and worked to promote equality in all urban underprivileged communities in Los Angeles.
The primary areas this organization works in are youth education enhancements, job equality, and justice for all regardless of racial background. He is currently a board member of the organization.
Besides that, Michael has also served as a board member of another humanitarian organization called Working Wardrobes. Founded in 1990, Working Wardrobes is ‘dedicated to helping men, women, young adults, and veterans overcome difficult challenges to achieve the dignity of work.’ To date, the organization has served more than 50,000 clients from a number of crises, ranging from alcohol and substance abuse to domestic violence.
Activism isn’t an afterthought for Michael. He was part of different societies during his graduation, including Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity and the UC Riverside Alumni Association.
We know that the problems encountered by our dear Earth and the populace inhabiting it aren’t going to be resolved in a day or two. However, it is crucial to keep the hope alive and push and contribute in any way possible. The privileged class can especially lead from the front on this end. Michael is doing his part in a dignified manner, and he pledges to keep serving, which is precisely what the world needs right now.